Belladonna Boheme Bellydance Workshops in Columbus, OH
Time & Location
About the Event
Schedule for Saturday, June 6, 2020
10:00a - 12:00p - Scintillating Scimitar
12:00p - 1:30p - break for lunch
1:30p - 3:30p - Boho Blade Cues & Combos
3:30p - 7:00p - break for dinner
7:00p - Bellydance at Bossy Grrl's
Schedule for Sunday, June 7, 2020
10:00a - 12:00p - Rattle Your Bones
12:00p - 1:00p - break for lunch
1:00p - 3:00p - Dancing With Ghosts
Belladonna's Workshop Descriptions
- Scintillating Scimitar: Join Belladonna in this specialty workshop featuring her signature Bohemian Bellydance balanced moves and more! Belladonna will introduce you to her unique style of body balancing and carving space before leading you through technique exercises and a few sword combinations. Guaranteed to spruce up your sword dance and bring your fierce forward! Previous sword dancing experience required.
- Boho Blade Cues & Combos: A sword can be a powerful dance partner. And group improvisational dance can be a fun and exciting adventure. In this workshop we will do both! Belladonna will introduce you to some of her signature Boho Blade combinations. Dancers will learn purposeful and powerful combos that incorporate a variety of grips, head and body balances, cues and transitions. No longer are you limited to a single head balance or only one way of holding your sword. A pioneer of modern sword technique, Belladonna will share tips and tricks to help you build dexterity, balance, focus and improv for your sword work and spatial awareness, all while having fun with in a community of other sword dancers. Please bring a sword appropriate for belly dance.
- Rattle Your Bones: Every shimmy, shiver, and shake in the book! A workshop of shaking, quaking, shivering, and vibrating. Belladonna will lead you though over 20 shimmies with variations and layering combinations. Known for her ability to break down movements, Belladonna will deconstruct and reconstruct each shimmy in a way only she can, helping you gain confidence, endurance, and correct execution of movement. We will work on speed, accuracy, and timing, as well as layering shimmies over movements such as body waves, interior hip circles, vertical figure 8's, and traveling foot patterns. Open to all levels, some dance experience recommended.
- Dancing with Ghosts: Exploring your inner demons, your past life experiences, and your connection to your ancestors through belly dance. Ghosts can come as memories, as energies, or as echoes of the accumulation of people it took to bring you here today. All of these can affect your sense of self. When we take the time to look into the ones that haunt us the most, we often can find out more about our true selves and our true natures. We can use these findings to apply to our dance, in order to help us embrace both our true selves as well as the healing aspects that help with confidence, motivation, and goal-setting.
All workshops will be held at Sacred Shimmy Studio, 4875 Hendron Rd #1, Groveport, OH 43125.
The Saturday night show will be held at Bossy Grrls' Pin-Up Joint, 2598 N High St, Columbus, OH 43202.
- Super Early Bird: Full weekend pass, $185. Available only in November 2019.
- Early Bird: Full weekend pass, $205. Available December 2019 through March 2020.
- Procrastinators Special, or a la carte: Full weekend pass, $245, or $65 per workshop. Available April & May 2020.
- Admission to the Saturday night show is free.
- Early Bird$205$2050$0